Welcome to the official website for the Shenandoah Valley Innovation Coalition (SVIC)! We are a coalition of experienced professionals who seek to nurture and assist economic development in the Shenandoah Valley.
Congratulations to the teams and winners of BizBlitz 2016!
- The complete schedule and list of judges for BizBlitz 2016 is now available!
- State grant to bolster Southwest Virginia's tech image
- The Staunton Creativity Community Fund was recently in the local News!
- How to connect entrepreneurs with mentors and money in Hampton Roads
- Arlington named No. 1 city in the US for young entrepreneurs
- Best cities for you entrepreneurs to start small businesses
Upcoming SVIC and Local Events
Tuesday, March 29
6pm - Queen City Brewing
Wednesday, April 13
6pm - Staunton Creative Community Fund Office
Tuesday, April 26
6pm - Mary Baldwin College Spencer Center
Featured Entrepreneur of the Month
Laura Dent is a freelance technical writer living in the Shenandoah Valley. After six and a half years at Rosetta Stone, she decided to go independent. Now for over two years, she has been providing services in technical communication for clients nationwide and even worldwide.
She specializes in single-sourcing, creating multiple documents from a content system; and localization, managing the process of translation into a variety of languages. Recently she has begun teaching technical writing as an adjunct faculty member at the local campus of American National University, and will soon begin teaching at James Madison University as well.
Laura majored in Russian at Harvard, and combines her passion for writing and languages with a fascination for technology.